January 19, 2012

forever 21 and over

How many times have you blurted out one of the following replies when a stranger or not-so-close friend inquired about where an article of clothing you were wearing was purchased?

"I can't remember. I got it a long time ago."
"It's actually not mine...just borrowing it."
"It was a gift."


That's code for Forever 21. If you are reading this post, chances are you are probably over twenty-one. I sure am. So when is it a little too over 21 for a girl to shop at Forever 21? Never, really. It's what you choose that makes a difference (age appropriate, please).  Here's a roundup of three of my favorite categories to shop for at my local store:

1. bold solids
Solids are great for layering. Bold hues bring out the personality in any outfit. And who isn't into color blocking right now anyway?

Pair with: Navy linen blazer, camel wedges, stacked bangles, tote.

2. jewelry
Low investment trend add-ons. 

Add a touch of bohemian, victorian, or goth to any outfit.

3. stripes
Always in style, and never age discriminates.

Pair with indigo skinnies, gold belt, white tank, and sandals


Stay young, my friends.

2 comments: