December 27, 2011

mixed elements

They say diamonds are a girl's best friend. I say, why not throw in the gold, silver and platinum too? Earlier this month, I was gifted the beautiful David Yurman Crossover Bracelet (thanks to my dear hubby!) which got me to realize how much I love mixing different metals in my jewelry.


Nowadays it is perfectly acceptable to mix gold (yellow and rose, but of course) and silver, as long as it's not done over-excessively. Take a look at  some of my favorite ways to mix it up:

dainty pieces- Although I am really big on chunky jewelry, my true love has always been classic pieces. Pair a bunch of delicate mismatched metals and there you have it... classy bling!

throw in the ice- It doesn't necessarity have to be real diamonds (but hey, a girl can dream!). Rhinestones and crystals rock a long way too.

statement ring- A cocktail ring is an equivalent of an abstract art piece. Make your way towards one that has various shades of metallic hues, strong structure, and catches your eye immediately.

mixed piece- When combining solid gold and silver, try to keep a versatile piece that already has more than one metal in its design. A two toned watch is a perfect bridge piece.

And, there you have it... jewelry etiquitte redefined.

No comments:

Post a Comment